About Green's Games

This blog was created by Coach Green to keep track of PE and other school activities at Iola Roberts Elementary School.


Thursday, June 7, 2012

The best laid plans...

**Read all the way to the bottom :)

WOW! I'm not even sure where to start about today!

Let's start with the fact the delivery window for the border was 12-3 and today it was narrowed down to 12-1 but yet the truck arrive at 10:20. AHHHHH! That is all I could say...Especially since I live over 30 minutes away!

Thankfully some AWESOME people like Mr. Bliss, Mr. Bunt, Mr. Phillips, Ms. Velma, Ms. Abbott, Mr. Castleberry, Mr. Cash, and Mr. Michael were there and quickly unloaded the truck for me!

When I got there 4 football players (Jordan Mitchell was the leader of this!) arrived to help me actually install the border. Then, Mrs. Donaldson and Mrs. Bowman arrived to help too!

Y'all those boys were like workhorses! They installed the COMPLETE border in about 1.5 hours! Yes...driving each stake in with a sledgehammer and that was after hours of football practice! Take a look at all they did...






Once they got everything installed they went to eat lunch at cool off in the pool before having wrestling practice tonight...oh to be that young again! 

We too went to eat some lunch then Mrs. Donaldson, Mrs. Bowman and myself went to Home Depot to grab the supplies we needed to keep working. Let me just say that was quite an adventure, but we survived and laughed the whole time! Today all I've done is laugh just to keep going! I've rolled with the punches and everything has worked out beautifully! The best laid plans...sometimes have to change! Today I've gone from plan A to plan B and even plan C in some cases! 

After we got the supplies at the HD we came back and Mrs. Donaldson, Mrs. Velma, Mrs. Dawson (and Zach and Madi), and Mr. Castleberry helped me put down the plastic on the volleyball court. This will become a sand volleyball court for the kiddos! 

Here is the finished product from today:

My football players...still smiling!

Ta-da!!!  It's going to be AWESOME!!! 


Now to finish... YOU can help :)

Tomorrow: 5:00 PM Friday (because there's a good chance of rain for Saturday!)
Where: On the playground
What: Moving the gravel and sand around
What to bring: Yourself, and rakes or any other tools to move pea gravel and sand!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment