About Green's Games

This blog was created by Coach Green to keep track of PE and other school activities at Iola Roberts Elementary School.


Monday, August 15, 2011

First Day "Home"

Today was our first day back "home" at Iola! We had a GREAT day by all accounts according to Coach Green :)

It felt like the first day of school all over again but it was a great feeling! I saw teachers giving tours of the "new Iola" and each had a huge smile on their face! I loved hearing children talk about how Iola "used" to look and I too loved seeing the excitement on kids' faces that are "new" to Iola even though they've only been with us for a week! This morning was interesting as everyone was trying to find their room! The biggest change... Kindergarten and 3rd grades are downstairs when in the "old" Iola K,1st, and 2nd grades were downstairs with 3rd and 4th upstairs! The way I found myself directing children who attended Iola last year was by telling them, "You're classroom is where Ms.____'s was last year!" They immediately went "ah ha!"

This year we welcome some children to our school who are "new" to us due to the re-zoning of some of our areas, but I have loved getting to know all of these children! If you are a parent who is new to Iola and I haven't had the opportunity to meet you then I look forward to our meeting! I am trying my best to learn all names of our 400+ students! This is quite a task, but I am trying!

You may or may not know, but the new gym is in the final stages of completion. All that is left is the gym floor and they are working hard to get this completed. They tell me I may be able to move my things in late next week! Fingers crossed :) Until then.... we are making do out of the music room and of course outside!

I'm looking forward to a great first week back at Iola and an awesome 2011-2012 school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment